Friday, March 5, 2010

Body Scanners are headed to 11 major airports. (USA TODAY)

"Eleven major airports will begin using body scanners to screen passegers as the Transportation Security Administration launches a plan to buy 1,000 of the machines over the next two years (Frank)."

My question here is how far is the privacy line being crossed in order for national security?

These scanners, can scan through clothing and display an image of the passengers body in order to detect hidden weapons and explosives. Don't get me wrong I am all for all needs neccesssary to make sure that mine as well as others' safety is cruscial for transportation. However, I know I would feel violated/uncomfortable with this kind of scanner.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2010-03-05-bodyscanners05_ST_N.htm?csp=usat.me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually heard about the full body scanners on a radio show I listen to. And the show talked about how much these security guards are going to see. I would feel pretty uncomfortable going through the scanner. However I would prefer to feel uncomfortable for a couple of minutes versus the alternative of dying because there was an attack on the plane. I feel more uncomfortable about ,not so much for what a security guard might see, but perhaps what other passengers might see. Because when you go through security or walk by security you can usually see the little TV screen that shows what is going through the belt. I don't want passer-byers to see all of me.