Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good Site for Privacy Reference

So generally when I do these post I just Google the topic we are talking about in class at the time so tonight I Googled "recent privacy issues" and right off the bat the first site was a success.

The following link, http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/Privacy-IssuesList.htm, is for a site called PRC for privacyrights.org. The first issue at hand is for a technology first used at the 2001 Superbowl called facial recognition biometrics. This is where a tape uses video technology to identify you based on the make up of your physical appearance which some believe is a violation to ones privacy under the First Amendment.

I believe this technology to be used as it has been used against identifying possible terrorist in a crowd in most recent cases. I just believe that for us to further protect ourselves in some forums that we at times have to sacrifice a little ourselves. If you've done something illegal and haven't been caught that it kind of your mistake, in my opinion. I'm not excited about the idea of people being able to identify me by just being filmed as I walk into a venue but then again if they caught someone stealing my wallet and were able to catch the person because of biometrics I would be a very happy person.

No comments: